Friday, December 23, 2011

Stuff you could have been for Halloween

I didn't participate in anything Halloweeny this year.  I had my reasons.  I went to a dance studio that night and wanted to wear my bat man undergarments, but I didn't want to offend anyone.  I camped out at some of my buddies house and watched the Office.


"I'm a little sleepy and hollow."




My friend Bryant--who has a great Twitter page btw--and my friend Stephen and I were at an art gallery listening to superhero poetry when I introduced my idea of being just an obscure thing like a "search engine" for Halloween.

His funny twitter account:
http://twitter.com/#!/kinderschema

My original idea for the search engine was to walk around with white tights (like any normal halloween costume) have some green, red, and yellow colors lingering about me, and have a keyboard with a box of junk that would represent what the person would search for.  I didn't follow through with it like many of my ideas in my life, but here's to hoping that somebody takes my amazing idea and does it next year.

We then noticed that you can be anything for Halloween which I'm sure you know.  But seriously anything.  An idea, a vitamin, a mineral, the thing you ate last week.

Some of the things we came up with:


  • A search engine
  • A poem
  • The economy -- you wear a white T-shirt with a declining graph with an arrow
  • Your lost sense of humor.
  • That fifteen minutes you could have spent saving fifteen percent or more on car insurance.
  • Maine. (yes the state)
  • Murphy's Law
  • The Pythagorean Theorem (whenever you need to solve triangle equations I'm there for you)
  • Lost-(just a person who was lost) "Where am I? Who are you? Why do I exist?"
  • Lost (the show)- you would tell stories with cliffhanger endings with multiple universes and never give a conclusive ending to anything you say.
  • The wit of a Mark Twan novel
  • The humor of a Jane Austen novel
  • That coupon you never used
  • That bill you never paid
  • (Yeah it starts to get real scary and real personal)
  • Those songs you never practiced on the piano
  • That old piece of chocolate you left in the cupboard and is still melting
  • A missed phone call you'll never know about
  • That guy who wears pink everywhere because he wants to pretend he's not insecure
  • I'm that guy that calls you by mistake and you always wondered why your lives crossed paths
  • I'm those keys that you never made a copy of and now you're stranded haha.
  • I'm the barista that always tries to convince you to buy soy products.
  • I'm the parenting manual that your parents never got.
  • I'm that box of Christmas cards you never sent.
  • The self help book that you never applied to your life.
  • The self help book on how to buy self help books.
  • That Christmas ornament that your parents kept since you were in kindergarten because they have to.
  • Runner's high
  • The noise a tree makes in the forest that nobody hears when it falls (if no one is there to hear it)
  • I'm the answer to the chicken and the egg question.
  • I'm those colors in the spectrum that are invisible eyes.
  • Hi...I'm all the pictures you've taken with your lens cap on.



No comments: