Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Best Film Scores


Ben Hur just came out on bluray and I'm so excited to get it.  It features a copy of some Charleton Heston journal entries during the filming of it.  And other new documentaries I haven't seen.

Ben Hur is one of my favorite films and certainly has the best film score out of any film I've seen.  So in honor of that, here are my favorite film scores.


These are my Favorite Film Scores. That is music that makes a film rock at what it is doing. Or enhances the epic factor of any film.

Top Ten
1) Ben-Hur
2) Lord of the Rings Trilogy
3) The Hours
4) Amelie
5) The Fountain
6) Hero
7) Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
8) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
9) Pride and Prejudice
10) Schindler's List




Honorable Mentions:
Psycho, Star Wars, E.T., Schindler's List, Fiddler on the Roof (not listed because it is mostly a musical).

This list is subject to change like all of my lists.

Feel free to post your faves ;)


2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Nice list Andres, but you are missing some good ones. We should do a soundtrack swap sometime!

Gladiator
Black Hawk Down
Armageddon
Pirates of the Caribbean
Braveheart
...I could go on!

Unknown said...

Hey! those are some great ones alyssa! thanks for mentioning.