Thursday, August 12, 2010

MY BLOG

Here is some insight and information on this blog.

I've had this blog since I was in high school. At first I wanted to write about the movies but realized that it isn't a topic I want to write about on a regular basis. I will write on them when I can or feel compelled to, but for now it will be a lot of stuff on life.

This is definitely a practice blog. I hope to get a "real blog" started when I can. This means it will be publicized when I feel more confident in my writing and when I have a more coherent topic and style. I started out being terrified of posting anything, now I am learning to just write more freely on the web without worrying as much about people's thoughts or critiques.

I notice that I enjoy making lists about the things in my life. The things I like, and the things I dislike. It could actually be a great place for others to make such lists. I don't simply make the lists, I elaborate on the specific listing, and analyze the litts themselves before and after they are posted. It's something that has been a lot of fun and I want to do more. I think there will be a day when I'll try to make my blog more widely read and received by friends and strangers on the web. But for now, I'll keep practicing and getting better!

Reasons for practicing:
1) you get better
2) practice makes perfect
3) you can analyze and fix mistakes.
4) others can help you improve.

No comments: