Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Documentary Stigma

Here's the thing about documentaries. Admit it, once you saw the word documentary as the title of this post, you (all 2 of my readers) probably thought or did at least one of the following:

1) (Immediately navigate away from this page)
2) Documentaries...boring!!
3) (After skimming over the word Documentary you didn't realize you had read it because your mind has been trained, over the years, to just ignore it.
4) You really wanted to be interested because you feel like because it says documentary, there must be something important. You couldn't for the life you, make yourself interested.
5) You guilted yourself into reading this.

I really want to watch more documentaries. I really really do. But I can't bring myself to. Why is that? I always hear from people: You have to watch Bowling for Columbine, Food Inc, Man on Wire,

I can't think of anymore. Why can't I think of anymore? Anyway. It's something that I'd like to do.

No comments: