Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How to Move forward

I have been thinking a lot about how to move forward from a period of complete "stuckness." I am currently in a place where I feel alone, trapped, stuck, isolated, without help. The list goes on. When people experience this degree of "staticity." They either find ways for themselves to stay there through complete negative thinking or they work very hard to get out of their static state. I am static. I am not moving forward. I feel stuck. I know how to move forward, I just feel like I deserve to stay exactly were I am. That is why I am writing on how to move on.

1) Realize that you are a sinner and that you can do nothing about it, only God can.
2) God forgives sin. Again, and again, and again.
3) Realize that the world is unfair though there is good in it.
4) Make conscious and actual decisions to let go. (I.E. I am going to eat healthier starting TODAY!)
5) Have healthy expectations. People are broken, I am broken, no one is perfect. Only God knows how to fully love.
6) Do not blow things out of proportion. Things are what they are, and no more.
7) Live a life as if you are free, because you are--through Christ. Knowing this should bring you joy.
8) Think positively. Be thankful for what you DO have instead of what you DO NOT have. You have amazing friends, family, and things (more than likely.)
9) Allow God to bring perspective to your life. When you see things through your own eyes and with your own selfish ambitions, you do not completely understand anything. Your pride skews your understanding of the world.
10) God is love.

No comments: